I’m really excited to share this October’s Side Income Report with you. My side income earnings are composed of two revenue sources: 1) My services business where I provide website design, coding and consulting services and 2) Income from my various websites and niche sites. While not my overall best month, October was the best month for my website/niche site income I’ve had in a very long time! If my current revenue holds true, November will be even better.
I often talk about how earning money online is a slow journey, and that for a long time it seems like it just might be a waste of time, then all of the sudden traffic begins to increase, earnings begin to grow, and you have a sudden success. I think October was that month for me.
But enough fluff, let’s jump into the real numbers!
Here is my income breakdown for October:
- Adsense: $163.60
- Commission Junction: $224.00 (mainly sales of HostGator hosting)
- EBay Partner Network: $44.43
- Mr. Rebates: $65.61
- Share-A-Sale: $327.55 (Mostly from the Genesis theme affiliate program)
- Amazon.com: $47.43
- Backup Buddy: $14.06
- Market Samurai: $71.52
- Side Income Blogging Services: $357.50
Ok, so most of you are asking why the significant increase, well it’s for a few reasons:
- An article I wrote about genesis child themes continued to rank on page #1, resulting in a large amount of affiliate income.
- One of my niche sites is ranking very well for it’s target keywords, and has high conversion rate. The income from this site for October is low as Amazon pays two months “in the rears”, but future months will be really good.
- My “lifestyle” blog, Blue Ridge Mountain Life continues to be very popular on Facebook and is beginning to rank for a few search keywords. Affiliate commissions from this site are low, but Adsense revenue is doing well.
Total Expenses: $162.91
October 2013 Net Income: $1, 152.79
A great month, and it exceeded the $1000.00/month goal I am shooting for. Once I obtain that goal consistently, I’ll bump it up.
As I mentioned, I’m seeing strong traffic and revenue growth on two of my seven sites: Blue Ridge Mountain Life and my blood pressure monitor niche site. Most of the traffic for our Blue Ridge Mountain Life site comes from Facebook and our Facebook page has over 8,000 likes. People really enjoy the pictures we post of the Blue Ridge Mountains. On the blood pressure monitor site, I recently made some changes that really helped with conversion rates, and my search engine rankings continue to increase weekly.
Growth here on Side Income Blogging still continues to be pretty flat, but I’m ok with that. I continue to average around 200 visits per day. But even at that traffic level, Side Income Blogging still makes up a large portion of my monthly income.
Overall, a great month and my income is trending in the direction I’ve been wanting it to go. I would really like to move away from a services based income to a more passive income source from my various websites.